This is a note for genealogists who have encountered references in the censuses and parish records to Griffith's Buildings, Salford. Griffith's Buildings are a series of side streets, which ran off Regent Street. Regent Street ran roughly parallel to Regent Road, and was situated between Oldfield Road and Ordsall Lane.
|Manchester and Salford Map 1857|
|Ordnance Survey map of Manchester and Salford 1850|
Griffith's buildings are numbered sequentially No.1 to No. 5.
The buildings had been erected sometime before 1828, and are mentioned in Pigot & Son's Directory (p.15). They were occupied at least as late as the First World War.
Wilkinson's Buildings are also located off Regent Street, forming two blocks adjacent to Edinburgh Place, next to St. Bartholomew's Church School.